Saturday 30 April 2016

Review of Farmasi BB cream (medium to light shade)

Farmasi BB cream

Hi J
Today, I will be doing a review of the Farmasi BB cream (medium to dark shade). As the name suggests, it is a light (can be termed as light to medium coverage depending on the amount one is using) foundation with moisturizing properties.
Source: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/171202295/Farmasi_BB_Cream_7_in_1_beauty_balm.html


Description of product:

The BB cream is available in 50 ml. It has a light and smooth texture. It also glides over the skin easily and does not dry off swiftly thus one may blend the cream properly at an appropriate pace. The BB cream has a mild scent which easily fades with time. It is SPF 15 thus one does not require the usage of a sun-screen. If you need higher SPF, you can opt for the BB+ or CC Farmasi cream. It is approximately 600 Mauritian rupees ($18) which is reasonable as cost.
The shade of the BB cream


Personal experience:

I have a dark (caramel skin) oily skin with warm tone. Thus, I usually make use of my toner and moisturizer before apply the BB cream. Since the product is liquid in nature beware of squeezing too much of product at one go.

Initially, I used to apply generous amount of cream which tends to make my face over-packed with foundation due to my dark skin tone. Though it is said to be for medium to dark skin, I personally find it way too light in shade to be termed as a medium to dark skin cream. This is the only yet major drawback of this product.

The BB cream looks whitish and in some case greyish on dark skin specially in pictures (flash effect due to mineral based cream and SPF)


Then I started using it in fairly smaller quantity over my face, this brought a nice light yet not-greyish finish on my face. I make use of a damped beauty blender to blend the product over my face. Still I struggle to get an even colour for both my face and neck hence I end up applying several “coats” of BB cream over my neck so as it can match my face colour. Even this, I really like this beauty gem J as it stays for more than 6 hours. I had even used it for warm summer nights party (outdoor). Even after being exposed to rain, my make-up did not end up being messy. I really love this BB cream and wished they (Farmasi) supplied it in dark shade to pamper us (women with dark skin tones).

So, as an end note, I would surely commend this product to all of you but the only drawback is the available shade of the product. I hope this review help you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment