Monday 25 April 2016

Review of Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-free moisturiser

Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-free moisturiser 

Hi J
Today, I will be doing the product review of Neutrogena pink grapefruit oil-free  moisturiser. First, let me describe my skin type and environment I live in. My face skin is combination - oily one depending on the season and hormonal balance. The skin is also prone to acne (mild acne/pimple) and I have some enlarged pores near the nose-cheek area. Given that I live in a tropical island, I am exposed to hot and high humidity climate which is quite challenging to have a clean and oil-free face throughout the entire day.

Description of moisturiser:
I had been using Neutrogena oil-free grape-fruit moisturiser for approximately 2 years. It is of very light and thin consistency. It is not oil based as its name suggests and non-greasy thus does not clog the pores. It is approximately 600 Mauritian rupees ($18) which is quite pricey. 


Source: [ http://makeupandbeauty.com/neutrogena-visibly-clear-pink-grapefruit-oil-free-moisturiser-review/ ]

Personal experience:
At first, I felt that the scent is way too strong and I felt a ticklish sensation over my upper lip area for few minutes after application of the face moisturiser. It was due to my sensible skin type and after 10-15 days of usage, my skin got accustomed to the moisturiser. The moisturiser penetrates the face adequately and the skin feels refreshed upon application. It does not had a greasy effect after application and my pimples diminished after about 1 to 1.5 month of usage of Neutrogena pink grapefruit moisturiser. My face was no more shiny.
However after one year of usage, my skin felt no more pampered by this cream as it only controlled my pimples to a specific extent during the initial phase. It was not diminishing my pimples any-more and during summer peaks, my face tends to get greasy. Nevertheless, I continued using  the moisturiser for another one year until I found another face cream.
Recently, I got back to this Neutrogena moisturiser but it did not had the wanted effect and had to discontinue using it. However, my mother uses it and she has absolutely no issue with it (above 50 years and normal and smooth skin type).
Hope this review helps oily acne prone skin peeps ;)


NOTE: This is my personal opinion about Neutrogena Pink –Grapefruit oil free moisturiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment